Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I took the Myers Briggs test...

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by people posting their Myers Brigg test result memes like it holds the key to their personality?
Like this one....
Really, I do exist somewhere between stalker and troll with the people that I REALLY like... If you can troll me back, biggest turn on ever. I quite enjoy the banter.:

So, I took the test. Because what better way to understand how to make fun of these people than learning their ways?

But, by the time I was done with the INSANELY long test, I was actually kind of impressed at how well it read my mail.

According to this fallible, man-made work of psychological prediction, I'm an ISTJ - the duty fulfiller.

"Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting traditions and establishments. Well organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it."

Okay, I can see that. 

Then, I went on pinterest to explore the memes a little - you know, for ammo. Right?? That's what I told myself.

It didn't hit me in the feels because, according to Myers Brigg, ISTJs don't get the feels often. But, it did amaze me how accurate some of those memes were...

Google Image Result for http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnsgz0SrCn1qkzx40o1_500.jpg:

I don't swear by Myers Briggs, but this random Internet meme describes me perfectly. It's just what I'm supposed to do!:

Yup. Which leads me to assuming people will behave a certain way and then be shocked when they act less than that.:


Always a little skeptical, I was impressed that a test was able to actually show different aspects of my personality. I almost want Adam to take the test as well because maybe it'd be insightful to know what his type is. You know, learn a thing or two about how each others' brains work.

But, then, some of the factors of an ISTJ were wrong. So, as I first assumed, the test is in fact fallible and we can't base our personality off of it. 

So that means I can still laugh at people who do I guess ... as is my ISTJ personality.





No comments:

Post a Comment